Can I fire my art piece in the Dragon Kiln too?
Electric kilns are known for the consistency in the pieces they churn out, whereas our traditional Dragon Kiln is renowned for producing uniquely distinctive pieces. Thanks to the way the Dragon Kiln is fired, no two pottery pieces are ever the same. So, you won’t just be taking home a mass-produced souvenir; instead, you’ll have your very own signature piece of pottery, imbued with the heritage of Thow Kwang Pottery.
- Introduction to the Dragon Kiln and pottery
- Walk-through of the Dragon Kiln (if there is no firing taking place)
- Live demonstration of the potter’s wheel
- Introduction of the basic techniques of hand-building, followed by a live demonstration by professional instructors.
- Live demonstration of hand-building an art-piece
- Hands-on session (Hand-building + potter’s wheel)
- Glazing session
- End of session – free & easy shopping!
Duration: 3 hours